Thursday, March 26, 2020

Passover Masks; I Couldn't Help Myself

Passover is April 8. With the world in the throes of the COVID epidemic, public health authorities and rabbis agree that people should stay home, and connect with farflung loved ones at the seder via Zoom, Skype, or whatever. 

I don't have any matzoh in my house yet - but of course, I always have plenty of matzoh fabric. So this morning, I broke away from making (somewhat) normal masks for friends and family; and I made these, just to make myself laugh.  First....

(I buy matzoh fabric here.)

The next mask covers two plagues: Frogs and hail. 
(The dots could also be boils and/or cattle disease; the black area could be darkness. That's five plagues in one mask!)  

The third mask, dancing skeletons, is good for the tenth plague, the death of the firstborn; not to mention the new plague we are enduring.
And finally, if your virtual seder guests don't see eye to eye on politics, send these to the loquacious ones in advance.

 BUT SERIOUSLY

  • My easy pattern, which I used to make the masks above, is HERE.
  • My roomier mask tutorial is HERE
  • My resource page with hospitals around the country asking stitchers to make masks for them, and links to many more  patterns, is HERE
And whether you celebrate Passover, Easter, or anything else, please, listen to the public health experts; stay home; don't invite guests, except the ones you already live with. That's the best way to save the world. 

More Passover and matzoh fabric projects are in the word cloud on the upper right. 



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the smiles! I am finding it tedious to relentlessly sew with the same fabric and methodology but I am hanging in there because our medical workers are facing an even greater challenge. This bit of fun in a difficult time is much appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, thank you for your service in this horrible time, and for your nice note to me. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!