Sunday, January 20, 2019

Scrappy Baby Quilt

I love it when people other than me give birth! This quilt was made for my new grandniece from some of my favorite scraps and home-made precuts. (When I have time, I like to cut my juvenile fabrics into 4" or 12" squares. This one used the 12 inchers.) 
The highlight is a fat-quarter with a hallucinogenic underwater scene, reminiscent of the Disneyland submarine ride. It's spent years in my stash, awaiting the right baby.
I also used 10" squares of some of my favorite kid prints. The squares down the left side have a Japanese theme: Frog fabric made in Japan, an elephant fabric that I bought in Japan, and a quilters' cotton with Japanese animal motifs. 
There are also adorable dogs, cats, and Hawaiian-shirt-clad jungle animals....
....rainbow dolphins, Scooby Doo and Hello Kitty, 
A colorful bubbly fabric runs along the bottom and top. I think every fabric in this quilt is a gem and I hope the baby (and her parents) have as much fun looking at it as I had making it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!